MACBOOK PRO (13-INCH, MID 2010) - Technical Specifications
Size and weight
- 1.08 inches (2.74 cm)
- 13.00 inches (33.03 cm)
- 9.12 inches (23.17 cm)
- 4.7 pounds (2.13 kg)1
Processor and memory
- 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache
- 1066MHz frontside bus
- 2GB (two 1GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 4GB
Environmental Status Report
- Recyclable polycarbonate enclosure
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Reduced packaging volume
- Meets ENERGY STAR Version 5.0 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold7
|Sound Power Level|
1 B = 10 dB
|Sound Pressure Level|
|Hard drive accessing||2.6||11|
|CD drive accessing||3.2||24|
- LWAd is the statistical upper-limit A-weighted sound power level (rounded to the nearest 0.1 B).
- LpAm is the mean A-weighted sound pressure level measured at the operator position (rounded to the nearest dB).
- 1 B (bel) = 10 dB (decibel).
Graphics and video support
NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory3Extended desktop and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colorsiSight cameraMini DisplayPortVideo output optionsDVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI AdapterVGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA AdapterDual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter supports 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display (optional)HDMI output using a third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter
- Full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement)
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
- Stereo speakers
- Omnidirectional microphone
- Combined headphone/line in (supports digital output)
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
Connections and expansion
- MagSafe power port
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- Mini DisplayPort
- Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- Audio in/out
- Kensington lock slot
- 250GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard disk drive; optional 320GB or 500GB 5400-rpm drive4
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/
CD-RW)Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R; 4x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD-R; 10x CD-RWMaximum read: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-ROM; 6x DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, and DVD+RW; 24x CD
Battery and power5
Electrical and operating requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
- Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard (includes Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)
- iLife (includes iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, iWeb, iDVD)
What’s in the box
- 60W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Software DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
Time CapsuleTime Capsule is a full-featured AirPort Extreme base station with a built-in hard drive. Back up wirelessly and create a Wi-Fi network with one device.
- 1TB or 2TB Serial ATA server-grade hard disk drive
- 802.11n Wi-Fi
- USB port for connecting a printer or external hard drive
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- Memory available to Mac OS X may vary depending on graphics needs. Minimum graphics memory usage is 256MB.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Testing conducted by Apple in April 2010 using preproduction 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo-based MacBook units. Battery life depends on configuration and use. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information. The wireless productivity test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing various websites and editing text in a word processor document with display brightness set to the middle setting.
- PVC-free AC power cord is available in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Venezuela.
- MacBook achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S., Canada, France, Germany, and the UK.