MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) - Technical Specifications
- Retina display: 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2880-by-1800 resolution at 220 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
- Native resolution: 2880 by 1800 pixels (Retina); scaled resolutions: 1920 by 1200, 1680 by 1050, 1280 by 800, and 1024 by 640 pixels
2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache
Configurable to 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache or 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache.
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache
Configurable to 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache.
- 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory
Configurable to 16GB.
- 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory
Configurable to 512GB or 1TB flash storage.
Configurable to 1TB flash storage.
Size and Weight
- Height: 0.71 inch (1.8 cm)
- Width: 14.13 inches (35.89 cm)
- Depth: 9.73 inches (24.71 cm)
- Weight: 4.46 pounds (2.02 kg)2
Graphics and Video Support
- Intel Iris Pro Graphics
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB of GDDR5 memory and automatic graphics switching
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on up to two external displays, both at millions of colors
- Thunderbolt digital video output
- Native Mini DisplayPort output
- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- HDMI video output
- Support for 1080p resolution at up to 60Hz
- Support for 3840-by-2160 resolution at 30Hz
- Support for 4096-by-2160 resolution at 24Hz
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
Connections and Expansion
- MagSafe 2 power port
- Two Thunderbolt ports (up to 20 Gbps)
- Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- HDMI port
- Headphone port
- SDXC card slot
- Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter (sold separately)
- Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (sold separately)
802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking;3 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- Headphone port
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with remote and microphone
- Support for audio line out (digital/analog)
Keyboard and Trackpad
- Full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement) with ambient light sensor
- Multi‑Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three‑finger swipe, four‑finger swipe, tap, double‑tap, and drag capabilities
Battery and Power4
- Up to 8 hours wireless web
- Up to 8 hours iTunes movie playback
- Up to 30 days standby time
- Built-in 95-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter with cable management system; MagSafe 2 power port
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: –13° to 113° F (–25° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
- Notification Center
- Facebook Integration
- Twitter Integration
- Multiple Display Support
- Finder Tabs and Tags
- iCloud Keychain
- Mission Control
- Spotlight Search
- Safari Power Saver
- App Nap
- Power Nap
- Compressed Memory
- Built-in Sharing
- Time Machine
- Photo Booth
- Game Center
- Mac App Store
Limited Warranty and Service
In the Box
- MacBook Pro with Retina display
- MagSafe 2 Power Adapter
- AC wall plug
- Power cord
Configure to Order
- Up to 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache
- Up to 16GB memory upgrade
- Up to 1TB of flash storage1
MacBook Pro with Retina Display and the Environment
- Highly recyclable aluminum enclosure
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Reduced packaging volume
- Meets ENERGY STAR Version 6 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold7
Learn more about Apple’s dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our products and process. Or read our Product Environmental Reports for detailed information on the environmental performance of every Apple product.
Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization. Learn more about how to recycle your Mac.
|Sound Power Level|
1 B = 10 dB
|Sound Pressure Level|
|Hard drive accessing||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CD drive accessing||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
- LWAd is the statistical upper-limit A-weighted sound power level (rounded to the nearest 0.1 B).
- LpAm is the mean A-weighted sound pressure level measured at the operator position (rounded to the nearest dB).
- 1 B (bel) = 10 dB (decibel).
- Apple Thunderbolt Display
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
- MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
- Apple USB SuperDrive
- Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter
- 60W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter
- 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter
- AppleCare Protection Plan
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Requires Internet access. 802.11ac is based on an IEEE draft specification.
- Testing conducted by Apple in October 2013 using preproduction 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15‑inch MacBook Pro units, preproduction 2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15‑inch MacBook Pro units and preproduction 2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 13‑inch MacBook Pro units. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The HD movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 720p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are free on the Mac App Store for qualifying Mac computers purchased on or after October 1, 2013. OS X Mavericks required. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID.
- PVC-free AC power cord available in all regions except China, India, and South Korea.
- MacBook Pro achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S. and Canada.